This past unusual year has been a big year for language learning.
Aldermore Banking Company shared the results of research carried out in in the final quarter of 2020, revealing that –
- “Nearly one in ten (9%) UK adults decided to spend their time and money learning a new language.
- This was particularly popular among younger people, with nearly one in five (17%) 18 to 34 year olds committing to learning a new language”.
It represents a supersized upward trajectory for language learning since lockdown began. So, it was no surprise that language learning gift vouchers made appearances in many Christmas stockings last year.
Sticking with the same theme, more people than ever are also gifting language learning to family members and friends this Easter.
What’s making language learning gift vouchers so popular for Easter 2021?
The most traditionally popular Easter gifts include –
- Easter Eggs and other chocolate confections.
- Children’s seasonally-themed clothing featuring bunny rabbits, chicks and spring lambs.
- Flowers and plants.
- Easter themed gifts from cups to cushions to candles.
They’re all gorgeous gifts to give and receive. But language learning is perceived as a more meaningful gift in 2021 because of the contribution it makes to –
- Personal development – More people are pursuing language learning to improve and enhance their employability prospects.
- Travel – Many holidays abroad have been sacrificed over the past year. The current outlook for travel is still uncertain, though it’s hoped that overseas holidays will resume in the later part of 2021 As a result of this, language learning goes hand in hand with our dreams of travelling again, forming a productive part of the countdown to freedom.
- Self- fulfilment – In socially isolated times we’ve actively sought out new ways of entertaining ourselves. Learning a new language brings joy and a sense of satisfaction at acquiring a new life skill.
Get in touch with us, at Manchester’s award-winning language school La Academia. There’s still time to get your hands on our gift vouchers and give the gift of language this Easter.
T – 0161 491 1444
E – firstname.lastname@example.org
Brits turn self-isolation into self-improvement – with three-fifths investing in themselves during lockdown, Aldermore