Portuguese – a language brimming with history and the host nation language for the Olympics and Paralympics later this year. If the Olympics alone are not enough reason to learn Portuguese, here are 6 more reasons!
- Rio – what a city – capital of Brazil, so lively, energetic and exciting. If you visit Rio during or after the Olympics a few words or phrases in Portuguese will help you enjoy your visit even more.
- The Brazilians – lovely, friendly people. There are 200m of them, and many live in Europe, so once you come home you’ll still have Brazilian and Portuguese friends to party with.
- Thanks to Portuguese colonialism in the past the language is spoken across large parts of Africa (Mozambique, Angola, Guinea-Bissau), and Asia (East Timor, Macau and Goa) as well as Brazil. Some of the most interesting parts of the globe has roots in Portuguese
- Jose Mourinho – OK, his English is nearly as good as his Portuguese, but wouldn’t you like to surprise him by chatting with him in Portuguese? Even if – Arsenal fans, female physios, Real Madrid fans – the Portuguese words you’ll be wanting to use may not be in a standard dictionary!
- Music! Music from the Portuguese-speaking countries ranges from fado (melancholy, mournful music) to samba; a joyous, Brazilian, festive sound. Makes you think of the Rio carnival as soon as you hear it! Learn some Portuguese to get understand the music better.
- The best reason of all – you can learn Portuguese on your doorstep!
With Accutranslate’s team, your Portuguese language skills will develop rapidly. Whether you’re learning Portuguese for one of the reasons above, for business or for holidays… we will tailor a plan to get you speaking Portuguese confidently. Contact us on 0161 491 1444 or email@example.com